
It's been a really shitty 2 days. Shaina hasn't been herself lately, so G took her to the vet yesterday. Emergency surgery, and they find out she has Hemangiosarcoma.
Anyone that knows me, knows that my pups are my babies, and this really bites!!!!
She made it through surgery very well, considering the diagnosis, and when the vet called today, she said that she ate this morning. She'll be ready to come home this afternoon (as long as her counts are good), and after her recovery from the surgery, will probably start chemotherapy.
When the vet talked to G about the chemo, she said that this would probably give her some good months. MONTHS! What the fuck!!! But I can't let my baby go without a fight....
Sorry for the downer folks. I just feel like crap and want everything to be okay. Please keep Shaina in your thoughts...
Oh, and Jill, if your reading this, sorry I didn't say anything. Didn't want to ruin your Wonderful 2 baby day news! I love ya!!!







Never be sorry for feeling love. I understand how you're feeling..we lost a much loved cat, Louie to cancer of the tongue 2 years ago and were told 1 to 10 weeks from the date of diagnosis. It was 10 weeeks to the day. How do you react to that...it's a shock. Like you he was fine and then suddenly he wasn't. We kept thinking we should have noticed something..when I did I had him at the vet's in 3 days. He just wass'nt grooming like he used to and all of a sudden couldn't eat hard food without a problem. I thought it was his teeth maybe..never, never did I think it was cancer.
We wanted to fight with everything we could..but finally realised (after much agony) there was nothing we could..and what we wanted wasn't necessarily what was best for Louie. We spent those 10 weeks spend loving him..being with and there for him...cherishing him. God it's hard..my heart thoughts & prayers are with you..your family and your beautiful Shania.