So todays thoughts turn to the endless piles of junk mail we receive throughout our lifetime. It truly amazes me that this marketing ploy companies use must actually work!
When I speak of junk mail, I'm not referring to those crap-a-dap WalMart and grocery flyer's we get. As a matter of fact, I've been know to enjoy reading those during my *ummm hmmm* "private times"...
No, this entry is strictly about companies targeting us based upon whatever data they've bought from some other company along the way. Mostly credit card offers, it's really become quite a joke!
I never really sat down and thought about this topic at any great extent until now. I was getting ready to shred my 'weekly' piles when something caught my eye (well, actually several things caught my eye).
Did you know that you could just write a check and start saving??? Yep, it's true! Companies just send you blank checks, and let ya go to town! This is the offer from Southwest Airlines. Wow, I never realized that when I signed up for their credit card that they would be so generous!
Here's a good one from my mortgage company. They've asked me how lucky I'm feeling. Interestingly enough, I don't believe in luck! Maybe Countrywide assumed that since I lived in Vegas, I was "all about the luck"... And how about them giving me other 'lucky' folks names. Does that make me want to rush out and sign up for whatever they're promoting?
*Note to self: need to make sure my name isn't floating around on someone else's junk mail.
How 'bout Mickey jumping on the bandwagon? Yep, that's right folks! Disney is going to give me a 0% fixed apr for up to 12 months. It doesn't get much better than this, does it?! And what's the deal with the 'up to' crap? Are they, or aren't they?
Here's a great offer. Whaaaat? A free nights stay at the Holiday Inn? You've got to be kidding me! What the heck was that doing in the shred pile? Come on, who wouldn't dream of a night at the Inn?
This one was almost too good to be true. I had to open this envelope (most others have remained hermetically sealed). But how could I possibly resist checking out my very own Geico Gecko card. I think I'm going to put this one in my wallet. I don't want the insurance. I just want the card with the adorable little gecko on it!With that being said, I'm off to shred...
But, before I go, Jeeves wanted me to remind you all that

Ta Ta!






I guess you must want me to stop sending all that mail to you...you should open the envelopes...one of them just might be a birthday surprise.....