Tuesday, July 18, 2006
And the Thunder Rolls....
100_3077
And the Lightning Strikes...

Argh! A little Garth Humor for ya!


You know, it never rains in Vegas. I mean, never. Did you know that Nevada was the driest state in the U.S.? Well it is. But on the rare occasion I decide to wash my vehicle, WAMMO! The sky opens up and the gods send us a gift.



Last night was remarkable. Over 2 hours of the most amazing light and sound show in the sky. There were times that my backyard lit up like the Sun was still shining...


100_3085


Then the rain. Oh, the rain. Not a drizzle, mind you. A downpour of violent tears from above.


100_3119


The Rain makes most people sad. Not me. It gives me joy. Something comforting and overwhelmingly peaceful about rain to me.


Needless to say, I was quite happy last night. Unfortunately, now, the sun is out in all his glory, and it's HOT and MUGGY! Not a very pretty combination for a Las Vegas summer, eh?! Oh, and now my car needs to be washed again...



Caught this on Letterman last night-



heidibirthday
Wonder how he knew?

*And if you were wondering, yes, I am practicing my html and CSS.

 
posted by Heidi at 9:40 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Nice lightning... By the way...your birthday is actually in August...sorry...no gifts yet!!!

     
  • At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Cool lightning picture!

    Mike